Pune: Former President Pratibha Patil’s husband Devisingh Shekhawat passed away at the age of 89 at a private hospital here following a heart attack, sources close to the family said.
He was admitted to the hospital a few days back, they said.
“He passed away at 9 am today due to a heart attack,” a source said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
He is survived by wife Pratibha Patil and two children – a son and a daughter.
His last rites will be performed in Pune later in the day, the source said.
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel
- Education minister unavailable to students undertaking 10-hour trek to meet him
- Libya dam collapse: Engineering expert raises questions
- Meghalaya: MLA urges govt to seek justice for trucker allegedly killed by BSF