New Delhi: India on Friday repatriated 17 Pakistani nationals imprisoned in the country, the Pakistan High Commission here said.
“Seventeen Pakistani nationals imprisoned in India were repatriated today via Attari-Wagah border after hectic efforts of the Pakistan High Commission, the Pakistan Foreign Ministry and cooperation of the Indian side,” the Pakistani mission said on Twitter.
“Our efforts will continue to repatriate all Pakistan prisoners from India on completion of their sentences,” it said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
On January 1, India shared with Pakistan lists of 339 Pakistani civilian prisoners and 95 Pakistani fishermen in its custody, the External Affairs Ministry had said in a statement.
Pakistan shared lists of 51 civilian prisoners and 654 fishermen in its custody who are Indians or are believed to be Indians, it had said.
Also read | Indian Oil launches phase IV of scheme for juvenile inmates
- Manipur: Fake liquor manufacturing unit busted in Thoubal
- Nagaland to allow sale of liquor to foreign delegates during G20 meet
- US-born Mongolian boy named 3rd highest Buddhist leader by Dalai Lama
- Galactic parade: 5 planets to line up on March 28, India to get stunning view
- No new industrial policy for Northeast yet
- Mizoram police warns amid sharp increase in online fraud