New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday paid tributes to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his birth anniversary and said he will be remembered for his fierce resistance to the colonial rule.
Modi government had christened the day ‘Parakram Diwas’ in 2021 to mark the Azad Hind Fauj founder’s birth anniversary.
“Today, on Parakram Diwas, I pay homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and recall his unparalleled contribution to India’s history. He will be remembered for his fierce resistance to colonial rule,” Modi said in a tweet.
Help sustain honest journalism.
“Deeply influenced by his thoughts, we are working to realise his vision for India,” he said.
- Sikkim protests: Bhaichung meets Chamling over ‘Nepali seat’
- 10 Myanmar nationals held in Manipur without valid documents
- Nagaland 2023: AAP serious about giving state new hope, says party leaders
- Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly on 2-day visit to India
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 6
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 6