New Delhi/Amritsar: A drone that entered India from Pakistan has been shot down near the international border in Punjab by the Border Security Force (BSF), an officer said Thursday.
The unmanned aerial vehicle was downed by firing at 8 pm on Wednesday near the Harbhajan border post in the Ferozepur sector of Tarn Taran district.
Help sustain honest journalism.
BSF troops fired “heavily” taking aim at the drone. It was recovered lying in a farmland on Thursday morning when a search of the area was conducted, a BSF spokesperson said.
The search is continuing to find if the drone dropped any consignment, he said.
Also read | From Assam to Gujarat: 24 years on, will the East-West corridor ever be ready?
- Mizoram sets up ‘expert panel’ to handle Manipur’s internally displaced
- Amid heat, transformer catches fire in Guwahati; locals rue APDCL laxity
- Manipur: Army organises health camps in villages, relief camps
- Sikkim CM urges people to plant trees, not leave any land barren
- Nagaland: Angami bodies, students clean iconic Kisama heritage village
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self