New Delhi: On International Day of Persons with Disabilities, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said his government has taken many initiatives to create opportunities for them so as to enable them to shine.
He also praised the fortitude and accomplishments of the ‘divyang’ people.
“Our government is equally focused on accessibility, which is reflected in the flagship programmes and creation of next-gen infra. I would also like to acknowledge all those working at the grassroots to bring a positive difference in the lives of persons with disabilities,” he tweeted.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The day is observed on December 3 to raise people’s awareness about the rights of persons with disabilities and mobilise political will and resources to address the challenges facing them.
- Mizoram: Myanmar national held with heroin worth Rs 1.39 crore
- Bangladesh PM Hasina likely to attend G-20 summit
- Band of ‘Bharat Yatris’ already raring to go on next yatra for Congress
- Doomsday Clock is at 90 secs to midnight, closest ever to global catastrophe
- Darjeeling MP terms SC’s ‘foreigners’ judgement highly objectionable
- Rollout of HPV vaccine: Govt’s likely to float global tender in April