New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday inaugurated the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2022 exhibition ahead of the formal launch of 5G mobile telephony services in India.
After inaugurating the exhibition at Pragati Maidan here, he went around pavilions set up by different telecom operators and technology providers to get a first-hand experience of what 5G can do.
He started with Reliance Jio’s stalls, where he witnessed the ‘True 5G’ devices displayed and experienced the use case through Jio Glass.
Flanked by Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw and billionaires Mukesh Ambani of Reliance, Sunil Bharti Mittal of Bharti Airtel and Kumar Mangalam Birla of Vodafone Idea, he spent time understanding the indigenous development of end-to-end 5G technology.
He thereafter visited stalls of Airtel, Vodafone Idea, C-DOT and others.
- Meghalaya Cabinet nod for setting up 7 outposts along border with Assam
- Assam: Cops fire at man in case of mistaken identity in Nagaon
- Urgent need to resurrect Manipuri Cinema: Eikhoigi Yum director Romi Meitei
- Assam: Contraband drugs worth more than Rs 3cr seized
- Vice President Dhankhar offers puja at 700-year-old temple in Tripura
- Tripura: 14 students faint due to ‘heat’ at Khowai school sports event