New Delhi: Bhutan’s king Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck met Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Wednesday and both leaders are believed to have discussed bilateral ties and the ways to further strengthen them.
Wangchuck was in India enroute to London to attend the Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, officials said.
India and Bhutan share historically strong ties which have stood the test of time.
Wangchuck also met foreign secretary Vinay Mohan Kwatra.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 matches on December 6
- Modi stresses on use of latest tech to track economic offenders
- Experimental Alzheimer’s drug shows promise, but hurdles are plenty
- Meghalaya: FIRs against two FB users over ‘objectionable’ posts
- Meghalaya: CM transfers Rs 30 cr to 60k farm households under FOCUS+
- Shillong-based media org launches comics at Comic Con Bengaluru