New Delhi: A 10-year-old boy suffocated to death in a skipping rope accident while trying to enact a stunt he had watched in a video, Delhi Police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in northeast Delhi’s Kartar Nagar area around 7 pm on Wednesday when he was at home with his mother, police added.
“The boy used to watch a lot of videos of stunts. On Wednesday evening, while he was skipping inside a room, he tried to perform one such stunt but the skipping rope got entangled around his neck and suffocated him. He fainted as a result,” a senior police officer said.
The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead. The parents had not made a PCR call but the hospital informed the police, the officer said.
Since it is an incident of accidental death, no case has been registered and proceedings have been initiated under section 174 of the CrPC, the officer added.
The father of the deceased works for an electronics firm, while his wife is a homemaker, the police said.
- Naga wrestlers who won bronze at international belt wrestling facilitated
- Meghalaya: Board structure of MeECL, its subsidairies to be restructured
- Manik Saha won because of large-scale rigging, says Tripura LoP Manik Sarkar
- Assam floods: NDRF deploys 3 women rescuers for ops in Silchar
- Arunachal Cong protests, says Agnipath cruel joke on future of youth
- Anand Mahindra’s reply on his qualification wins the internet