New Delhi: An Ethiopian man has been arrested by customs officials for allegedly trying to smuggle into the country cocaine worth Rs 29 crore at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, an official statement issued on Tuesday said.
The accused was intercepted after his arrival from Addis Ababa on Saturday.
During the personal and baggage search of the passenger, around 1.9 kg cocaine was recovered from a trolley bag, it said.
The cocaine, valuing Rs 29.32 crore in the international market, has been seized and the passenger was arrested.
- How trouble is brewing for the future of beer
- Economy on recovery path, says RBI
- Tripura CPIM says no objection to united opposition front against BJP
- Nagaland Lottery June 30: Check Dear Venus Thursday lottery result
- Sikkim logs six new COVID-19 cases, one fresh fatality
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 30