Patna: A Delhi-bound flight caught fire soon after taking off on Sunday from Patna airport where it made an emergency landing after hovering for several minutes in the air, an official said.
The Spicejet aircraft took off at around 12.10 pm, and according to residents of localities adjacent to the airport, who claimed to have witnessed the spectacle, it caught fire immediately.
“None of the passengers have been hurt. Their journey to Delhi is being arranged by an alternative aircraft. What caused the fire is a matter of investigation,” an official told reporters.
Passengers, who had a close shave, said they felt tremors inside the plane soon after the take off and the lights started turning off.
We raised an alarm. The crew members asked us to keep calm and that an emergency landing was being made,” they said.
Fire engines were deployed at the airstrip where the emergency landing was made though the flames had, by then, come under control.
Also read | Centre to move SC on issue of ESZ around protected forests
- Imran Khan says stage set for his ‘court martial’
- Assam: Three suspended for leaking CCTV footage of accident
- Manipur: Haobam Paban Kumar’s film ‘Joseph ki Macha’ to premiere at Shanghai Int’l Film Fest
- China should be confronted strategically: Cong president Kharge
- Solimla Jajo among 7 from Manipur to qualify for World Championships
- US Consul General seeks to locate remains of US soldiers killed in Assam in WWII