Mumbai: A 23-year-old student has been arrested here for allegedly circulating, stocking and distributing child pornography through messaging application on Instagram, police said on Thursday.
Piyush Satish More, a resident of Panvel in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, was apprehended on Tuesday by a team from Nodal Cyber police station of Maharashtra Cyber, an official said.
More had created an account on Instagram under a fake identity to circulate, stock and distribute pornographic content for money, he said.
The police have seized the accused’s mobile phone, which contains several such videos, he said, adding that some financial transactions related to the content were found in his bank account.
An FIR under relevant sections of the IPC and Information Technology Act has been registered and further probe is on, the official said.
Also read | Birbhum killings: CBI arrests 4 suspects from Mumbai
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh
- BJP played T-20 to win Tripura polls: CM
- Meghalaya: How the ‘abode of clouds’ ran out of water