Mumbai: A 23-year-old student has been arrested here for allegedly circulating, stocking and distributing child pornography through messaging application on Instagram, police said on Thursday.
Piyush Satish More, a resident of Panvel in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, was apprehended on Tuesday by a team from Nodal Cyber police station of Maharashtra Cyber, an official said.
More had created an account on Instagram under a fake identity to circulate, stock and distribute pornographic content for money, he said.
The police have seized the accused’s mobile phone, which contains several such videos, he said, adding that some financial transactions related to the content were found in his bank account.
An FIR under relevant sections of the IPC and Information Technology Act has been registered and further probe is on, the official said.
- Manipur: Two militants of banned Kuki outfit arrested
- World Chocolate Day: 10 Fun facts you didn’t know!
- Film industry being singled out as ‘worst place in the world’: Deepti Naval
- Govt bulldozing people’s budget through inflation: Cong on LPG price hike
- Political instability deepens in Sri Lanka as Aviation Minister resigns
- Bus service to Kathmandu starts from West Bengal’s Siliguri