New Delhi: Air India’s fifth evacuation flight came from Romanian capital Bucharest to Delhi on Monday morning with 249 Indian nationals who were stranded in Ukraine amid the Russian military offensive, officials said.
India began evacuation of its citizens from Romania and Hungary, the neighbouring countries of Ukraine, from Saturday onwards.
Tata Group-owned Air India has evacuated a total of 1,156 Indian nationals in five evacuation flights till now.
Officials said one more evacuation flight is expected to land in Delhi on Monday.
US, allies to cut off selected Russian banks from SWIFT messaging system
- Assam: Aaranyak holds media workshop on human-wildlife coexistence
- Nepal’s 81.19% population is Hindu despite decline in followers
- We must encourage tech transfer to deal environmental pollution: NHRC
- Content posted against Serum Institute of India ‘defamatory’: Bombay HC
- Heroin worth Rs 6 crore seized in Assam, 1 arrested
- Mizoram: Assam Rifles carries out tree plantation drive