New Delhi: A two-day “state mourning” will be observed on the demise of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, official sources said on Sunday.
Citing a wireless message sent out to state chief secretaries by the Union Home Ministry, they said the national flag will fly at half-mast from February 6 to February 7 throughout India.
The central government has decided that as a mark of respect to the departed dignitary, two-day state mourning will be observed from February 6 to February 7 and there will be no official entertainment in this period, they said.
A state funeral will be accorded to her and the date, time and venue will be intimated later.
Mangeshkar, 92, died at a Mumbai hospital on Sunday.
- India working for release of its 16 sailors with authorities in Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea: Govt
- People of Gujarat “massively” voted for BJP for devp and speedy growth : Tripura CM
- Congress wrests Himachal from BJP
- Finally, McDonald’s all set to enter Northeast India. Guwahati, ready?
- Assam: Theatre festival ‘Under the Sal Tree’ to begin from Dec 15
- Is tea good for health? Two cups a day could keep the doctor away