Tesla cars have not yet penetrated into the Indian markets and there appears to be friction between the Indian government and Tesla Inc.
Tesla fans in India have long awaited for these cars to launch in India, but Elon Musk says there are a lot of challenges on the way.
Although the tech genius has been wanting to sell Tesla cars in India since as early as 2019, he is not closer to being able to do so even three years later.
Responding to Elon’s reply to a Twitter user where he had mentioned that Tesla is facing issues with the government, KTR, Commerce Minister of Telangana state jumped to the opportunity, inviting Musk to set up business in the south indian state.
“Hey Elon, I am the Industry & Commerce Minister of Telangana state in India Will be happy to partner Tesla in working through the challenges to set shop in India/Telangana Our state is a champion in sustainability initiatives & a top-notch business destination in India” wrote KTR on Twitter.
Earlier this week, when an Indian Twitter user asked Musk when Tesla plans to launch its electric vehicles in India, here’s how the Tesla and SpaceX boss responded.
“Yo @elonmusk any further update as to when Tesla’s will launch in India? They’re pretty awesome and deserve to be in every corner of the world!” wrote Pranay Pathole, a Twitter user.
Elon Musk responded to this saying, “Still working through a lot of challenges with the government.”
Here’s how netizens have been spamming Elon on Twitter taking the conversation forward:
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group
- This is how they waste precious time of SC: Rijiju on those moving court on BBC documentary