Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane has said that ‘appropriate’ action will be taken against troops who were involved in the killing of 14 civilians in Nagaland’s Oting where one jawan also lost his life on December 4.

He also said that military and media both have a significant role to play along with other pillars of the state to build a strong nation and that he is looking forward to a strong and continuous partnership between the Army and the media in future.

“Appropriate and corrective action will be taken based on the outcome of the investigation,” General Naravane said at an annual press conference, calling the incident ‘regrettable’.

Earlier on Tuesday, Naga civil society organisations demanded that the Nagaland government make public the findings of the Special Investigation Team (SIT) set up by it to probe into the Mon killings.

Nagaland Police SIT wants public to share videos, info on Mon killings



Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment