New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday lauded the Indian diaspora on the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas’, saying the community has distinguished itself all over the world and has excelled in different spheres.
The Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas is observed on January 9 every year to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community in India’s development. It was on January 9 in 1915 that Mahatma Gandhi had returned to India from South Africa to lead its freedom struggle.
Modi tweeted, “Greetings to everyone, especially the Indian diaspora on Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas. Our diaspora has distinguished itself all over the world and has excelled in different spheres. At the same time, they have remained connected to their roots. We are proud of their accomplishments.”
- Nagaland Lottery May 25: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Tea association flags concern over floods in Barak Valley
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for May 25
- Together4DimaHasao: Civil society comes together to support flood victims
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for May 25
- BJP opposes June 26 GTA polls; GJM boss Gurung to begin fast