New Delhi: The Delhi Police has arrested a man believed to be the creator of “Sulli Deals” app from Indore in Madhya Pradesh, officials said on Sunday.
This is the first arrest made in the “Sulli Deals” app case, police said.
Hundreds of Muslim women were listed for auction on the mobile application with photographs sourced without permission and doctored.
Accused Aumkareshwar Thakur (26) did his BCA from IPS Academy in Indore and is a resident of Newyork City Township, they said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (IFSO) KPS Malhotra said during preliminary interrogation, the accused admitted that he was a member of a group on Twitter and the idea to defame and troll Muslim women was shared there.
“He had developed the code on GitHub. The access of GitHub was with all the members of the group. He had shared the app on his Twitter account. The photos of the Muslim women were uploaded by the group members,” the officer said.
- India slams Pak after Foregin Minister Bilawal rakes up Kashmir at UNSC
- World will call their scenic destinations ‘Sikkim of the West’: DoNER min
- Shah on two-day visit to Arunachal from Saturday
- Manipur makes biometric attendance in govt offices mandatory from June 1
- AL Hek inspects Shillong bus terminus after viral images of leaking roof
- All you need to know about Monekypox virus: Symptoms, spread and fatality