Mumbai: Police have arrested two persons for holding a birthday celebration on a road in Mumbai and using a sword to cut the cake, a police official said on Thursday.
The party was held near a mall in suburban Kandivali on Monday, he said.
A video later went viral on social media platforms in which some people were purportedly seen engaged in the celebration on the road and one person cutting the cake with a sword.
The police on Wednesday arrested two persons, identified as Seelam Subramanyam (22) and Kausar Khan (23), and registered a case against them for violating the COVID-19-related protocol and under provisions of the Arms Act, the official said.
- Naga peace: NPF leader demands final solution before Christmas
- UPSC declares results of Civil Services (Main) Examination 2022
- It’s not just Twitter. The whole Internet is broken and we’d better fix it soon
- NE region per capita income higher than India before Independence: Mukul Sangma
- Protecting 30% of Earth’s surface for nature means thinking about connections
- Hybrid immunity behind difference in Covid numbers of India, China: Experts