New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was traveling by road in Punjab on Wednesday, was stuck on a flyover for 15-20 minutes due to blockade by some protesters, an incident the Union Home Ministry described as a “major lapse” in his security.
In a statement, the Home Ministry said that after the “major security lapse” in the prime minister’s travel in Punjab, his convoy decided to return.
The ministry also asked the Punjab government to fix responsibility for the lapse and take strict action, the statement said.
The prime minister was on his way to the National Martyrs Memorial at Hussainiwala from Bathinda when the incident occurred.
- Shreyas, Chahal, Warner expected to be top draws in IPL mega auction
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for Jan 22
- NASA Hubble finds a black hole creating stars, not gobbling them
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for Jan 22
- R-Day parade: Navy’s tableau to depict 1946 uprising
- India launches its first Crypto Index – What does it mean for the country?