Panaji: As many as 66 of the more than 2,000 people on board Cordelia cruise ship, which came to the coastal state from Mumbai, have tested Covid positive, Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane said on Monday.
The cruise liner, where the NCB busted a high-profile rave party in October last year, was carrying hordes of New Year revellers.
A medical team in PPE kits came on board to conduct RT-PCR tests of the passengers and crew members.
Officials had instructed that no one should disembark from the ship before the result of the RT-PCR test was declared.
The liner is anchored close to Mormugao Port cruise terminal.
- Ukraine crisis is reminding NATO why it was formed in the first place
- COVID-19 vaccine booster drive is faltering in US
- South Korea tests new virus steps as infections reach new high
- US university’s trustees vote to include caste as protected category
- New Biden-supported law proposes startup visas to attract talent to US
- UN: More than 50 million people affected by urban conflicts