Ambala: A statue of Jesus Christ at the entrance gate of a church in Ambala was allegedly vandalised by some unidentified people, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday at the Holy Redeemer Church in Ambala Cantonment, they said.
SHO of Ambala Cantonment police station, Anil Kumar, said police received the information about the vandalism in the morning.
Footage from CCTV cameras in the area has been collected and two suspects have been spotted. A case for hurting religious sentiments has been registered and further investigations were underway, he said.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Ambala, Pooja Dabla said a team has been constituted to conduct a thorough probe.
- Mizoram reports 1,280 new COVID-19 cases, death toll rises to 573
- U-19 World Cup: India eye improved batting performance vs Ireland
- Manipur 2022: Cong expels Thangmeiband MLA Kh Joykisan
- Volcanic ash delays aid to Tonga as scale of damage emerges
- India vs SA: First time in 7 years, all eyes on Kohli the batter in ODIs
- Demand for relaxing partial lockdown measures in tourism sector in Bengal