Leading towards true women empowerment, women commandos of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) will also provide Z-plus security to Union Home Minister Amit Shah, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka Vadra Gandhi, and other politicians.
This is the first time in the history of India, women personnel would be introduced in their security setup. The CRPF will deploy 32 women commandos for VVIP security.
As per sources, these women commandos have undergone their 10-week training in rendering VIP security duties, unarmed combat, body frisking, and special weapons firing, and shall now be deployed on the ground from the second week of January.
“From the second week of January, 32 personnel would be added to the VIP security wing of the CRPF. This personnel would be deployed at their residences,” a senior official informed.
It is to be noted that the women personnel will be deployed as part of the house protection team of these high-risk facing personalities. Along with this, they will also accompany these VVIPs during the upcoming assembly polls in five states including Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur, and Goa.
Like their male counterparts, women CRPF commandos will also carry arms, ballistic protection, and additional gadgets.
Also Read: First women team inducted into CRPF’s CoBRA commando unit
- Meghalaya 2023: Mariahom Kharkrang to contest from North Shillong
- ‘Blue marble’: how half a century of climate change has altered Earth
- Limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees not plausible: Report
- Tripura 2023: 259 candidates remain in fray for Assembly polls
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups