New Delhi: India has taken serious note of the Pakistani Maritime Security Agency resorting to unprovoked firing on an Indian fishing boat in the Arabian Sea that resulted in the death of an Indian national, official sources said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Saturday, they said.
They said the Pakistani Maritime Security Agency fired at the Indian fishing boat resulting in the death of one Indian fisherman and injuring another.
The injured fisherman is being treated at a hospital in Okha, Gujarat, they said.
“We have taken serious note of this incident. We are going to take up this issue diplomatically with the Pakistan side. The matter is under investigation and further details will be shared in due course,” said a source.
- Lankan PM says no shoot-on-sight orders given during violence
- Need to build nation capable of establishing peace, says PM Modi
- Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Anand’ to get a remake
- Nagaland issues directive to combat illegal check gates: See details here
- Universities should not become spaces for ideological conflict: HM Shah
- Modi to address BJP national office bearers’ meeting in Jaipur on May 20