Raipur: Two labourers died after molten iron fell on them at an industrial unit on the outskirts of Chhattisgarh’s capital Raipur, police said on Tuesday.
The accident took place at Fortune Metaliks Limited in Kapsada village under Dharsinva police station late on Monday night, a senior police official said.
As per the preliminary investigation, molten iron from a furnace, which had accidentally gotten punctured, fell on two labourers at the plant, he said.
The victims Bhupendra Patel (27), a native of Madhya Pradesh, and Kapil Kumar (37), who hailed from Bihar, were critically injured, the official said.
The labourers were rushed to a private hospital, where they succumbed to their injuries on Tuesday morning, he said, adding that the police were probing the incident further.
- Cal HC asks CBI to probe construction on Kolkata’s Tripura House premises
- India slams Pak after Foregin Minister Bilawal rakes up Kashmir at UNSC
- World will call their scenic destinations ‘Sikkim of the West’: DoNER min
- Shah on two-day visit to Arunachal from Saturday
- Manipur makes biometric attendance in govt offices mandatory from June 1
- AL Hek inspects Shillong bus terminus after viral images of leaking roof