Mumbai: Aryan Khan, son of superstar Shah Rukh Khan, was on Thursday granted bail by the Bombay High Court, over 20 days after his arrest in the case of seizure of banned drugs aboard a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast.
A single bench of Justice N W Sambre also granted bail to his co-accused Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha.
“All three pleas are allowed. I will pass detailed orders by tomorrow evening,” Justice Sambre said.
Aryan Khan’s advocates then sought permission to submit cash bail to which the court refused and said surety is to be given.
“I could have given the order also tomorrow. But I gave it today,” Justice Sambre said.
The legal team of the 23-year-old Aryan Khan, who is presently in judicial custody and lodged at the Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai, will now try to complete the formalities for his release by Friday.
Aryan Khan, Merchant and Dhamecha were arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on October 3 and booked under relevant sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) for possession, consumption, sale/purchase of banned drugs, conspiracy and abetment.
- Assam reports 214 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- CBI arrests TMC’s Anubrata Mondal in cattle smuggling case
- Nagaland reports 9 new COVID-19 cases
- Jagdeep Dhankhar sworn in as 14th Vice-President of India
- Indian researchers awarded at global astronomy meet in South Korea
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 11