Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and his mother Kunda Thackeray tested positive for coronavirus infection on Saturday, a civic official said here.
Both have mild symptoms, said the official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), adding that they were asked to isolate at their residence in the Dadar area.
A senior aide of Thackeray confirmed that he has the infection.
Thackeray (53) had recently been visiting Nashik, Pune and Thane and also meeting party leaders in Mumbai ahead of the next year’s civic elections.
Also read | Migrants responsible for spread of coronavirus in Maha: MNS
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA