Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and his mother Kunda Thackeray tested positive for coronavirus infection on Saturday, a civic official said here.
Both have mild symptoms, said the official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), adding that they were asked to isolate at their residence in the Dadar area.
A senior aide of Thackeray confirmed that he has the infection.
Thackeray (53) had recently been visiting Nashik, Pune and Thane and also meeting party leaders in Mumbai ahead of the next year’s civic elections.
- India logs 6,822 new COVID-19 cases, 220 deaths
- Dipak Majumder to be Mayor of Agartala Municipal Corporation
- Assam CM urges former NDFB cadres to work for ‘economic revolution’
- Assam reports six new deaths, 182 fresh COVID-19 cases
- With Omicron, third wave projected to hit India by Feb
- Tripura: ‘Trafficking’ victim found in Mumbai, but state police won’t get her