Uttarkashi: Two members of an 11-member trekking team which had gone missing on a trek to Chitkul in Himachal Pradesh recently were found dead on Thursday.
An SDRF team found the bodies at an altitude of 4,500 metres during an aerial search operation, Uttarkashi Disaster Management Officer Devendra Patwal said.
Two other members of the team have been rescued alive and brought to Harsil while search for the rest of them is on, he said.
The trekking team consisting of eight trekkers, including one from Delhi and the rest from West Bengal and three cooks, went missing on a trek to Chitkul recently.
They had begun the trek from Harsil in Uttarkashi district and were to reach Chitkul via Lamkhaga pass.
- Petitioner be given teacher job in place of minister’s daughter, rules Cal HC
- No material to support 2002 Godhra riots were pre-planned: SC
- SC awards death to man for rape and murder of disabled minor
- Guj: Over 500 children rescued after blaze erupts at Vadodara school
- 2 Kerala youths, interns with Impulse NGO, attacked by 30 bikers in Shillong
- Meghalaya toll gates: KHADC staring at loss of lakhs in revenue generation