Mumbai: A special court here on Wednesday refused to grant bail to Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, and two others in connection with the seizure of banned drugs on board a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast.
Special Judge V V Patil, designated to hear cases related to the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, rejected the bail pleas of Aryan Khan, his friend Arbaaz Merchant and fashion model Munmun Dhamecha.
Aryan Khan, Merchant and Dhamecha were arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on October 3 for alleged conspiracy, possession, consumption, purchase and trafficking of drugs.
The trio is presently in judicial custody. While Aryan Khan and Merchant are lodged at the Arthur Road prison in Mumbai, Dhamecha is lodged at the Byculla women’s prison here.
Aryan Khan and others accused in the case have been booked for offences under Sections 8(c), 20(b), 27, 28, 29 and 35 of the NDPS Act.
Also read: Petrol, diesel prices hiked again
- Sikkim: Make residential certificates equivalent to COI, demands activist Prem Goyal
- Missing Nagaland jawan found dead
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer
- Verify credentials of foreign employers: MEA advisory following fake job offers in Myanmar