Ballia (UP): A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped on the pretext of marriage by a man whom she befriended on Facebook, police said on Thursday.
The girl, a resident of Dokati Police Station area here, became friends with the 31-year-old accused belonging to Hardoi district on Facebook.
On August 25, she went to Hardoi to meet the man who allegedly raped her, according to police.
Dokati Police Station in-charge Manoj Singh said, on the complaint of the girl’s mother, a case was registered after her daughter went missing.
On Thursday, police detained the girl along with the accused from Bairia bus stand here, he said.
Based on the statement of the teenager, the charge of rape and relevant section of the POCSO Act were added in the case, he added.
- ‘Jai Shree Ram’ won’t reduce fuel cost: TMC protests against BJP in Tripura
- Boxing: Lovlina, Shiva in contention for place in AIBA athletes committee
- Mizoram reports 790 new COVID cases, positivity rate at 9%
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 26
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26
- Scindia flags off first Dibrugarh-Shillong direct flight