New Delhi: Former Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh met Union Home Minister Amit Shah at his residence here on Wednesday, raising speculation over his future in politics.
Singh arrived in the national capital on Tuesday, days after he quit as the chief minister of Punjab.
The meeting assumes significance as Singh had not opened his cards but had claimed that he had not quit politics and would fight till the end.
The veteran Congress leader had also launched a scathing attack on his bete noire, Navjot Singh Sidhu, who was appointed as the party’s Punjab unit president.
Sidhu quit as the Punjab Congress chief on Tuesday.
As regards his political future, Singh had said there were several options before him.
- Meghalaya elections 2023: UDP announces first list of candidates
- Nagaland: Stone pulling ceremony marks 142 years of Anglo-Naga peace treaty
- Saket Gokhale’s detention is a panic stricken BJP’s reaction: Abhishek
- Arunachal forest officer rescued hours after abduction, 4 arrested
- Meghalaya slowest growing state of India in FY 2021: RBI data
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 6