Khunti (Jharkhand): A 70-year-old man was arrested for allegedly beating his wife to death over delay in serving dinner in Jharkhand’s Khunti district, police said on Monday.
The incident happened in the Kalamati village under Khunti Police Station limits when the person hit his wife Hiramani with a stick, a senior officer said.
The couple, who were in an inebriated condition, had an altercation over a delay in serving food and the man started beating her in a fit of rage on Saturday night, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Khunti) Ajay Kumar said.
She died on the spot and her body was recovered on Sunday morning, he said.
The woman’s body was sent for post-mortem examination, and an investigation has been initiated, the officer added.
Also read | 46 pc rise in complaints of crimes against women in 2021 so far: NCW
- Delhi University looks at raising foreign students intake by 20% this academic year
- Nepal PM Prachanda to focus on long-term power trade during India visit
- Tripura: Agartala-Chittagong flight service likely from June 26
- Darjeeling tea industry hit by lower yield, reduced prices
- Why pain seems worse at night
- India’s growth momentum likely to be sustained in 2023-24: RBI