Khunti (Jharkhand): A 70-year-old man was arrested for allegedly beating his wife to death over delay in serving dinner in Jharkhand’s Khunti district, police said on Monday.
The incident happened in the Kalamati village under Khunti Police Station limits when the person hit his wife Hiramani with a stick, a senior officer said.
The couple, who were in an inebriated condition, had an altercation over a delay in serving food and the man started beating her in a fit of rage on Saturday night, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Khunti) Ajay Kumar said.
She died on the spot and her body was recovered on Sunday morning, he said.
The woman’s body was sent for post-mortem examination, and an investigation has been initiated, the officer added.
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer
- Verify credentials of foreign employers: MEA advisory following fake job offers in Myanmar
- India, CARICOM nations agree to work on global issues including climate change
- Demand for sand in Bangladesh escalates illegal activities, threatens environment