Chandigarh, Sep 19: The Congress announced on Sunday that Charanjit Singh Channi has been elected as the leader of the Punjab Congress Legislative Party (CLP), paving the way for his appointment as the chief minister.
The development comes a day after Congress veteran Amarinder Singh resigned as chief minister amid a bitter power tussle with state Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu with less than five months to go for the Assembly polls.
“It gives me immense pleasure to announce that Sh. Charanjit Singh Channi has been unanimously elected as the Leader of the Congress Legislature Party of Punjab, AICC general secretary,” Harish Rawat said in a tweet.
- NFR issues notice on cancellation of joy ride trains in Darjeeling
- Nagaland: Drugs worth approx Rs 25 cr seized in three months
- Nagaland: 19 students leave for national tour; to meet President Murmu
- Mizoram’s Reiek village awarded India’s best tourism village
- Online Casino Industry: A New Era of Entertainment in India
- Mizoram: African Swine Fever kills 600 pigs in just one village