New Delhi, Sep 13 (PTI) The Supreme Court collegium has approved a proposal for appointment of three additional judges as permanent judges in the Gauhati High Court.
Headed by Chief Justice N V Ramana, the collegium approved the proposals at a meeting held on September 9 which were uploaded on the apex court website on Monday.
The names which have been approved are justices Soumitra Saikia, Parthivjyoti Saikia and S Hukato Swu.
Besides Ramana, justices U U Lalit and A M Khanwilkar are part of the three-member collegium which takes decisions with regard to high court judges.
- Instagram video: MP woman booked for dancing in the middle of road
- No license needed for rickshaws, state holiday on 17 Sept: Assam Cabinet
- Assam’s Victor Das thought cops would find his father’s killers. It’s been a year
- Don’t worry if children contract Covid but are asymptomatic: Experts
- New AI tool can detect oxygen requirement in COVID-19 patient
- Mizoram: Foreign cigarettes worth 19.5 lakh seized in Champhai