Dewas (MP): A 19-year-old disabled boy died after he reportedly collapsed while playing PUBG on his mobile phone in Madhya Pradesh’s Dewas district, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place in Shanti Nagar colony under the jurisdiction of Industrial Area police station on Sunday afternoon, an official said.
According to family members, Deepak Rathore, a Class 11 student, collapsed while playing PUBG on his mobile phone at his home, said Anil Sharma, in-charge of the Industrial Area police station.
The teenager was then rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared him dead, he said.
The boy, who had disability in his legs, stayed at home and spent time playing games on his mobile phone and attending online classes, the official said.
The deceased’s body was handed over to the family after post-mortem examination and the viscera sample will be sent to Bhopal for examination, the police added.
Initial investigation has revealed that the student may have died due to cardiac arrest, the official said, adding that a case has been registered and further probe is underway.
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24