Banda (UP): A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped at a village in the Girwan area here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place on August 26 when the girl was returning home. She was raped by three men, all aged around 22-23 years, Girwa Station House Officer (SHO) Arjun Singh said.
An FIR was registered under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act on August 31 on a complaint from family members, he said.
Family members of the girl claimed that the FIR in the case was registered only after the intervention of local politicians.
The SHO said that the three men are at large.
The medical examination of the girl will be done by a panel of three doctors, he said.
Also read: Mizoram logs 880 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP