New Delhi, Sep 2: The youth wing of Congress on Thursday staged a protest outside the Petroleum Ministry here over the rising fuel prices, including that of cooking gas.
The march started from the Indian Youth Congress office on the Raisina Road and was stopped by a police barricade in front of Shastri Bhawan where the ministry is housed.
“The Modi government came to power by showing big dreams to the citizens. But today, it has become difficult for the poor to purchase expensive cooking gas cylinders,” he said.
“Inflation is rising persistently and the price of LPG cylinder is soon going to cross Rs 1,000. The prices of petrol and diesel are also on fire.”.
Indian Youth Congress national media in-charge Rahul Rao said the prices of cooking gas cylinders have more than doubled under Narendra Modi’s rule.
National general secretary of IYC and its Delhi In-charge Bhaiya Pawar, Delhi unit president Rannvijay Singh Lochav and many other leaders and members of the outfit attended the protest against rising fuel prices.
- Arunachal governor inspects Sela Tunnel project work, praises BRO
- China says COVID-19 visa curbs against stranded Indians ‘appropriate’
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4