According to the film’s producers, the movie won awards for the best feature film, best director for Ghose, best female actor for Shome and the best male actor for Hussain.
“We are glad to announce that team #Raahgir wins top awards at DCSAFF – Washington DC South Asian Film Festival,” read the post from the film’s official Facebook page.
The festival, which showcases alternative and independent cinema from South Asia, was held from August 28 to August 29, 2021.
Shome also shared the news in a post on Twitter and congratulated the whole team.
“Thank you @DCSAFF for honouring @raahgirthefilm. Deeply grateful. Congratulations to #GoutamGhose @_AdilHussain @itsamitagarwal and the whole team,” she tweeted.
In June this year, “Raahgir” had won two awards at the prestigious UK Asian Film Festival 2021 where Ghose was named the best director and Shome bagged the trophy for the best female actor.
Ghose earlier told PTI that the film is about the people of rural India, tribal hamlets, their dreams and battles and how the perception of reality differs in cities and rural areas.
Also read | Falling Down: Requiem for an honest working man
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi
- Maha CM, ministers visit Guwahati to pay obeisance to Goddess Kamakhya
- Mizoram: More Kuki-Chin refugees arrive from Bangladesh