Ballia (UP): Three women were booked after a social media video purportedly showed them brutally thrashing a girl at a village here, police said Tuesday.
The video was circulated widely on social media on Monday. It shows some women pulling the girl by her hair, and punching and kicking her around.
Mainyar Station House Officer Rajiv Singh said that after a probe, the police found the video was of Manikpur village.
He said an FIR has been lodged against three women – Riya, Tuntun and Punnu on a complaint of the victim.
The SHO said prima facie the girl was thrashed allegedly because she used to talk to a man over the phone, a claim she had disputed.
The SHO said the girl was called to the house of a local on August 25 and was thrashed
The girl, however, said she was beaten up after being accused of mobile theft.
Police said they are probing the matter further.
- NEHU scientists discover Nagaland’s first cicada species
- Nepali youth protest in Kathmandu against Chinese land encroachment
- Italy to play Argentina in Europe-South America title game
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?