Mumbai: Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday said she has requested banks to work with all state governments to push the ‘one district, one product’ agenda.
Banks have also been requested to have interaction with export promotion agencies, chambers of commerce and industry to understand and address the requirement of exporters in a timely manner, Nirmala Sitharaman said while addressing media here on Wednesday.
The Finance Minister, who is on a two-day visit to the financial capital, said between public sector banks, there should be some kind of a simple approach so that exporters are not made to run between one bank to another scouting for a better offer.
During the day, Nirmala Sitharaman met heads of public sector banks (PSBs) to review their financial performance.
- Cadbury: Netizens revel in nostalgia of this 90s Ad remake
- Taliban orders male students, teachers to school from Saturday
- Meghalaya Assembly adjourned sine die
- India sets record, administers over 2 cr vaccine doses in a day
- Myanmar court sets Oct. 1 for Suu Kyi corruption trial
- Vivo X70, X70 Pro and X70 Pro+ India launch set for this month