Kaushambi: A case was registered against a couple following the court’s order in connection with the alleged rape of a 16-year-old Dalit girl in a village here, police said Sunday.
According to the complaint filed at Paschim Sareera police station by the victim’s mother, the accused woman took the girl and handed her over to her husband on January 14 this year.
The accused man then raped the girl in front of his wife, and also threatened the family of dire consequences, if they lodged a complaint, police said.
The girl’s mother said that when the police did not take any action, she moved to court.
Station House Officer (SHO) Sarvesh Singh said that on the court’s order, a case was registered Saturday against the accused couple, and the girl was sent for medical examination.
He added that the incident was being probed, and efforts were on to arrest the accused couple.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips