IAS officers Tina Dabi and Athar Aamir Khan, whose 2018 wedding made headlines and was attended by top politicians, are now divorced.
Tina Dabi topped the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination for civil services in 2015, the same year Athar Khan ranked second. The two were married in Delhi in April 2018. According to reports, the couple filed for divorce with mutual consent at the family court in November.
Tina Dabi and Athar Khan are officers of the Rajasthan cadre and were both posted in Jaipur. Their wedding reception in Delhi was attended by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, Union Ministers and then Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.
The interfaith wedding had generated headlines and massive support as well as backlash on social media as the rightwing trolled them using the phrase “love jihad”. At the time, the couple had said their marriage was above religious divides and that they were was not affected by the criticism.
Khan is on deputation with the Jammu and Kashmir government now and is posted in Srinagar. Dabi shot to the spotlight after she became the first Dalit to top the prestigious civil services exam, that too in her first attempt.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion