Shimla: Over 40 persons are feared buried under the debris of a major landslide in Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur district on Wednesday, Deputy Commissioner Abid Hussain Sadiq said.
Sadiq told PTI that several vehicles, including a Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) bus carrying over 40 passengers, are buried under the debris.
The bus was on its way from Reckong Peo in Kinnaur to Shimla, he said.
The Army, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and local rescue teams have been called in for the rescue work, the Kinnaur deputy commissioner said.
Sadiq also said shooting stones are still falling which is creating problems in carrying out the rescue operation.
More details are awaited, he added.
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips
- Arunachal by-poll: BJP nominee likely to win unopposed
- Meghalaya people do not trust BJP: Congress MP Vincent Pala
- Arunachal Weightlifter Boni Manghkya shatters national record