Jammu: Over 30 people are reported missing after a cloudburst in a remote village in the Kishtwar district of Jammu and K ashmir early Wednesday, officials said.
Rescue teams have been rushed to Honzar village of Dacchan tehsil and further details are awaited, they said.
Most parts of the Jammu region have been receiving heavy rains for the past few days. With the prediction of more rains till July-end, authorities in Kishtwar have asked people living along water bodies and slide-prone areas to remain vigilant.
“The meteorological department has predicted heavy rains during the upcoming days and water levels in rivers and nallas are expected to rise, which can pose a threat to the inhabitants residing near rivers, nallas, water bodies and slide-prone areas,” the district administration said in an advisory issued late on Tuesday night.
Also read: India adds 43,645 COVID-19 cases, 640 deaths
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion