Mirabai Chanu on Saturday opened the doors to India’s medal count for Tokyo Olympics 2020 as she bought the first Silver medal for India by securing the second position in the 49kg category final in weightlifting.
The 26-year-old weightlifter underwent rigorous training for the Olympics for years which also included giving up her favourite food. Speaking to NDTV, Mirabai said, “First of all I’ll go and have a pizza. It has been a long time since I ate pizza. I was waiting for this day. Since yesterday I haven’t eaten anything. I will eat a lot today.”
Domino’s was quick to reply on Mirabai’s wish to have a pizza. Firstly, Domino’s congratulated the weightlifter on her win, then made promised to treat her with free pizza for lifetime. Domino’s tweeted, “Congratulations on bringing the medal home! You brought the dreams of a billion+ Indians to life and we couldn’t be happier to treat you to FREE Domino’s pizza for life. Congratulations again!!”
Following Mirabai’s wish, Pratik Pota, CEO of Jubilant Foodworks Limited tweeted saying that Domino’s Imphal visited Mirabai’s house to congratulate her family with none other than Domino’s Pizza.
Pratik Pota tweeted, “Even as we prepare to give #MirabaiChanu a hero’s welcome and let her eat pizzas to her heart’s content, our Imphal team went to her house to congratulate her family with what else but Domino’s Pizza @dominos_india. Congratulations @mirabai_chanu you have done India proud!
The netizens have also showed happiness towards the kind gesture by the Domino’s team. Let’s look at some of the reactions.
- Assam Bhavan to come up in Maha, announces CM Shinde; Sena MP Sanjay Raut says it already exists
- P T Usha throws her hat into IOA ring, to fight for president’s post
- Earth observation satellite in orbit, ISRO terms mission ‘unique’
- Assam lifts travel restrictions to Meghalaya, six days after border violence
- Manipur IRB jawan on Gujarat poll duty shoots dead 2 colleagues
- Why do kids bully? And what can parents do about it?