Chennai: A lioness has died of coronavirus while nine others in the pride have tested COVID-19 positive at the zoo near here.
‘Neela’ succumbed to the virus on Thursday while nine others of the 11 in the zoo tested positive, said the officials of the Arignar Anna Zoological Park at Vandalur.
The zoo has remained closed with the COVID-19 enforced lockdown.
Recently, eight lions at the Nehru Zoological Park in Hyderabad had tested positive for the virus.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence