Days after a war of words between the India Medical Association (IMA) and Ramdev escalated, a video of the Yoga guru is now doing rounds on social media. In the 40 second video that surfaced late on Tuesday night, Ramdev can be heard daring the authorities to arrest him.
“Arrest to unka koi baap bhi nahi har sakta (even their father can not arrest me),” the yoga guru is heard saying at the beginning of the video.
Ramdev is also heard saying that hashtags such as #thugRamdev, #arrestRamdev etc. are often seen on social media and start trending.
Earlier, the IMA had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to book the Yoga guru under sedition laws for his alleged remarks on allopathy and vaccines against COVID-19 disease.
“Misinformation campaign on vaccination by Patanjali owner Ramdev should be stopped. In a recent video, he claimed that 10,000 doctors and several people have died despite taking both doses of vaccine. Action under sedition charges should be taken against him,” the letter said.
However, the context of the video could not be verified. It is also noteworthy that the video surfaced on Twitter late on Tuesday night while the letter to the Prime Minister was sent on Wednesday.
Also read: IMA serves defamation notice to Baba Ramdev
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital
- Rajasthan teacher held for raping 11-yr-old after girl dials child helpline for assistance
- Fuel price hike in Meghalaya: Local cabbies, residents face challenges
- Chhattisgarh: One killed, 16 injured as SUV runs over people during Durga idol procession
- JEE-Advanced 2021: Mridul Agarwal from Delhi zone bags top rank; Kavya Chopra tops among females