In a significant step, the Central government announced on Monday that people above 18 years of age will also be eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine from May 1.
The Government of India announced a liberalised & accelerated strategy for the third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination from May 1.
In a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he said that the government has been working hard for over a year to ensure that maximum Indians are able to get the vaccine in the shortest possible time.
Vaccine manufacturers were empowered to release up to 50% of their supply to State Governments and in the open market at a pre-declared price.
States were also empowered to procure additional vaccine doses directly from the manufacturers, as well as provide vaccinations to any category of people above the age of 18 for the same.
- ZPM sweeps Mizoram elections
- Nagaland: 2 years on, Konyaks, NSF remember Oting incident
- AK Mishra an advisor to Home Ministry, not an interlocutor: Tripura CM
- Mizoram elections: Zoramthanga resigns after MNF loss
- Despite having a simple plot, David Fincher’s ‘The Killer’ is an intriguing film
- New milestone: Three women emerge winners in Mizoram elections