Muzaffarnagar (UP): A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a labourer in this district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Wednesday.
The survivor, daughter of a brick kiln labourer, was rushed to a hospital in an injured condition on Tuesday, they said.
According to a complaint filed by her family, the accused allegedly raped the minor at a place near the brick kiln.
A case was registered against the accused and he has been arrested, police said.
In a separate incident, the body of an unidentified man was found floating in the Ganga canal near Jolly village. It has been sent for post-mortem and an investigation is underway, police said.
- Assam: Three arrested for torturing alleged burglar in Hailakandi
- Men don’t see mess like women do: How to make housework more equal
- Webb detects smallest main belt asteroid by chance: NASA
- Ultra-processed foods linked to increased cancer risk: Study
- Former Manipur footballers excited for tri-nation meet in Imphal
- How Nepalis’ love of momo threatens endangered wild water buffaloes