Muzaffarnagar (UP): A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a labourer in this district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Wednesday.
The survivor, daughter of a brick kiln labourer, was rushed to a hospital in an injured condition on Tuesday, they said.
According to a complaint filed by her family, the accused allegedly raped the minor at a place near the brick kiln.
A case was registered against the accused and he has been arrested, police said.
In a separate incident, the body of an unidentified man was found floating in the Ganga canal near Jolly village. It has been sent for post-mortem and an investigation is underway, police said.
- Assam: ‘Cattle smuggler’ killed, BSF jawan hurt in gunfight along Indo-Bangla border
- WHO chief thanks India for decision to resume COVID-19 vaccine export
- Biomedical waste disposal: This Assam entrepreneur does it with tact, science
- BJP will rebuild temples, demolished to construct mosques: Sangeet Som
- ADB scales down India’s economic growth forecast to 10% this fiscal
- India asks UK to address concerns on travel rules related to COVID vaccination