Kolkata: At least 40 shanties in Salt Lake City’s Central Park area were completely gutted in a fire that broke out on Monday morning, a senior police officer said.
Nobody was injured in the blaze that broke out at a temporary roadside shanty in the Central Park area at around 8.16 am, the officer said.
At least 12 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire, he said.
“The fire is under control. The cooling process is on. There is no casualty as we had evacuated the entire area,” the officer said.
State Fire minister Sujit Bose rushed to the spot to supervise the rescue process.
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study