Shahjahanpur (UP): A Class 5 girl was allegedly molested by the principal of her school in Jagatiyapur village on Monday, the police said on Tuesday.
A case was lodged against Shameem Ahmed under relevant sections of the law for child abuse on the basis of the complaint received from the victim’s mother, Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjeev Bajpai said.
The victim told her mother that she was playing outside her house when Ahmed took her away and molested her.
As the girl shouted, her family members came to the rescue and the man fled from the spot, police said.
The principal, however, said that he was on his way to work on his motorbike when he saw some children playing. He stopped there and asked them to come to school.
The girl ran towards her house crying, he said, adding that later, some villagers went to the school to allege that she was molested by him.
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks