Shahjahanpur (UP): A Class 5 girl was allegedly molested by the principal of her school in Jagatiyapur village on Monday, the police said on Tuesday.
A case was lodged against Shameem Ahmed under relevant sections of the law for child abuse on the basis of the complaint received from the victim’s mother, Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjeev Bajpai said.
The victim told her mother that she was playing outside her house when Ahmed took her away and molested her.
As the girl shouted, her family members came to the rescue and the man fled from the spot, police said.
The principal, however, said that he was on his way to work on his motorbike when he saw some children playing. He stopped there and asked them to come to school.
The girl ran towards her house crying, he said, adding that later, some villagers went to the school to allege that she was molested by him.
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination
- Assam: 68 inmates shifted to new transit camp in Goalpara
- Bhaichung Bhutia joins Bharat Jodo Yatra; bats for ILP in Sikkim